Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Sunlight


I woke up early this morning and decided that this is the morning I would write something in my blog. So I started thinking about interesting topics I could write about. I was looking for some inspiration and opened my living room curtains and the sunlight just poured in and lit up the whole room. I immediately put my hands in front of my face when the light hit my eyes. The curtains had been closed all night so the light took me by surprise. I didn’t expect it to be that bright and sunny! So after a minute of initial blindness, I looked out through the glass only to see that the sky was beautiful and the trees were greener somehow and the sea in front was shining like jewels. It was so beautiful!
I made a hot cup of coffee and sat down to write my blog. My thoughts drifted again to different topics I could think of , but I somehow didn’t feel like writing on any of them. I wanted one specific topic that had inspired me and not just ramble on something random. I wanted something that I had experienced lately…something I could share that happened to me. So I continued thinking…… and then , almost as if God tapped me on my shoulder and said “errrr DUH” , I immediately thought about what had happened earlier…..just a few minutes before I had sat down to write. About the sunlight in my living room.
Just a few minutes ago, I was roaming around in my dark living room, and suddenly realized I need to open the curtains. So when I did, almost like a reflex action I had put my hands in front of my face as soon as the light hit my eyes and after about a minute of getting used to the light, I could now see what was beyond my window…I could see the trees and the sky and the sea etc. In the same way, we too are so busy roaming around in the dark sometimes, that we get habituated to it…because we have been there so long. Our bodies, our minds, our hearts get adjusted to it, until one day we realize that something is missing. And that is Jesus. When we accept Him, we open our eyes to His light. Initially, we will also put our hands in front of our face because we begin to realize that God is so big , so bright that we can’t stand in front of Him for long. We realize how small we are and how we were blinded all along…..it takes time to accept him as this big and powerful God as also it takes time for the blindness from our eyes, our hearts and our minds to get consumed by His light. But soon enough, as we get to know him , as we spend time with him, as he begins His work in us, we will start to see that everything is different….our perspective changes….we see forgiveness, and hope and faith and above all else love. We will start to accept and love people just as they are , inspite of them… we will begin to see ourselves too as Christ sees us…….That’s how God is …Just like the sunlight…He opens our eyes to the reality of who He is, what he has done and who we are in Him…..
So, I just want to sum all that I have said about the sunlight and how it reminds me of Jesus, with one of the quotes from C.S. Lewis where he talks about Christianity……But, I've changed the word ‘Christianity’ to ‘Jesus’..

"I believe in Jesus as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see Him, but because by Him I see everything else…..."

3 comments:

  1. Wow... that was so cool... very good revelation Tracy... :)

    also what I found is...

    1) you have a beautiful view of a sea outside your window....
    and
    2) You wake up really late in the morning... right after the sun has risen and is really bright.... :P

    ha ha ha ha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the sea is beautiful! Can't see it everyday though coz of the fog or during dust storms:) AND....I don't wake up late.....the sun rises at 5am here...and between 5:30-6am it gets really bright outside. LOL. Sometimes I do though..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post Tracy:) keep blogging!

    Pooja

    ReplyDelete